Still remember this video?
And now... I want to tell a bit of story behind the MV.
Song Choice
Well, what I meant is choosing which version of Ekh Dorogi...
I do like the vocal octet version which depending on acapella. They sounded haunting about the war, but unfortunately it was too fast pacing. Then no way I will use Ananyev version, because I heard his voice is too grating as old soloist. So I almost went to use either Martinov or Psenichniy version...
Until my friend reminds me Kruze version is exist. He sang at the Alexandrov Ensemble concert in Ryazan around 2022. Too bad that was the only time he performed. After that, Ekh Dorogi kept performed by Ananyev till now.
But thankfully because the recording of Kruze is sounded good, I supposed I can make it work.
Vadim or Anatoli?
I do feel torn to tell illustration of Ekh Dorogi through Vadim or Anatoli. Because both has potential; Vadim's hallucination do worsen after Wilhelm's death, and Anatoli losing his faith after Oleg's death.
Until I remembered Zhuravli song, which I think it's more suited for Anatoli. I have made the concept for Anatoli too, though for now I set it aside as I haven't finding the suitable Zhuravli song for him.
At the end, I choose Vadim as the main character.
Concept
I think the MV is already clear; the illustration are telling what exactly Vadim experienced in Never Alone and False Memory fragment. The concept and the execution is stayed same: make Vadim as shadow shaped, the surroundings are bleak, and add some fog effects here and there. At the same time, I also want to make different interpretation of Ekh Dorogi. Such as not making the snow scene, flying ravens, winter outfit, and ushanka (as per whatever Ekh Dorogi lyric presenting). So... it's like the psychological horror version rather than the real war horror version.
The Audio Hallucination
During third stanza of Ekh Dorogi, I actually put the hidden sentences. It flicker for some seconds, so I think not many viewers will know. Well, as this is based on Vadim's entire psychosis... the sentences are clearly what his abusive father always said, until distorted his memory about his mother who actually loved Vadim unconditionally.
Have you find it? I will share the sentence below, and you might checking again at the video to see if you can find it :)
(You’re needed by no one; no one is waiting)
(You were born in vain — no love, no name)
(Go away. Don’t get in the way. Emptiness.)
(It’s no use trying. You are a curse.)




