Confession 5

My first OC to be created is Dmitry Petronov in 21 December 2010. However, Dmitry that written in this blog was very different from his prototype version that I wrote in 2011-2012. Let's say...
1. 2011 version of Dmitry was a cold jerk Russian who thinks love solves everything. And also somewhat pervert in public (ew, I know).
2. The other OCs are just cookie cutter with flat personality.

Mind you that 2010 me is literally 15 years old...

I only start to rework and develop Dmitry and other OCs at 2013, when I joined NaNoWriMo contest. I named the project not with name "Dmitry Petronov" but with proper title "Dark Tears in Red Music". Well, I didn't finish the novel fully as I was busy with university, but I am glad that I have developed a lot for each OCs who appeared in the novel draft.


[SAMPLE 1]

A strange dream haunted Dmitri. He saw Darya and Vadim dressed in wedding attire, standing in front of a priest whose face resembled the Head Waiter in the dining room of the Alexandrov Ensemble. They had apparently just finished their baptism, exchanging rings. Dmitri ran to stop them, but felt someone grab him. It was none other than Tatyana.
"Don't bother them, Dima!" Tatyana said.
"But, Tanya... Dasha isn't Vadim's!" Dmitri shouted. Darya and Vadim ignored Dmitri's angry shouts and instead walked out of the Cathedral, embracing the couple next to them.
Dmitri managed to free himself from Tatyana's grip and sprinted out of the Cathedral. Just as he reached Vadim and slapped him, Vadim suddenly vanished, and the priest himself, who had suddenly appeared, slapped him! The priest pushed Dmitri hard, causing him to lose his balance and fall.
Bam! Dmitri woke up instantly. He had just fallen out of bed. His body was now on the floor, and his shoulder ached after the strange dream had finished haunting him. After slowly getting up from the floor, Dmitri was surprised to find his pillow and blanket already on the floor. When he looked at his watch, the hands were pointing to four.
"What a mess... It's been good to be able to think positively for over two weeks," Dmitri complained.
After his shower, he knocked on Aleksei's door as usual. Aleksei came out a moment later, still wearing his pajamas.
"Someone else's door, you know!" Aleksei protested.
"If it were someone else's room, it wouldn't take more than an hour, because they're the type who are hard to wake once they fall asleep," Dmitri explained. He had experience knocking on his friends' doors in the third-floor corridor, and only Aleksei had responded quickly.
"Next time, I won't answer."
"Sooner or later, you'll open the door anyway... An hour at most," Dmitri said.
"Okay, I'm going to take a shower. You stay outside," Aleksei said resignedly.
Dmitri waited for Aleksei to shower in front of his room. He hummed "Hey, Ukhnem" and stared at the photo of Stalin displayed at the end of the corridor. Dmitri checked his watch again. It was already past five. He knocked on Aleksei's door again.
"Hey... Are you taking a shower or washing up? It's taking so long!" Dmitri shouted.
"Patience... patience... I'll put on my uniform!" Aleksei replied from inside the room. Three minutes later, Aleksei emerged from the room.
"Wait for my revenge!" Aleksei threatened. Dmitri just smiled scornfully.
"Go ahead!" Dmitri was sure Aleksei couldn't retaliate, as Aleksei wasn't a very punctual person. So Dmitri remained calm when Aleksei threatened him.

====
[SAMPLE 2]
“Have you read the poem?” Dmitri asked. Vadim shook his head, then took a piece of paper from his uniform pocket and read it while Tatyana was still in his arms. "Could it be that you haven't forgotten how ridiculous it seemed when we met? We met when we fell backstage... You helped me, but you ended up falling too...
Do you still remember the handkerchief that fell afterward? It was the one who made me know your name. Tatyana. A name I rarely heard all this time...
Did you know, in the nine months since we met, I felt like I was languishing in a lonely prison? Even though I often went outside of Moscow, it still felt lonely. Finally, I realized that only you could open this prison... And I kept waiting for you...
Do you know that second meeting at the bakery, that was where I let out my longing? When you were more beautiful without powder, making your gray eyes shine even brighter. To the point where I felt the bakery lights were off this time and only your eyes were illuminating the shop.
I may not be a poet, but this is what's in my heart, something I can express. For years I've lived without poetry, and after you came, I feel like I'm starting to thirst for it.
I have one offer for you... I've kept it bottled up, and I've kept it bottled up... This time I must... "Let me out...
Can I be your girlfriend?"
Tatyana paused, then hugged Vadim tighter and nodded. Vadim, feeling his poem had worked, kissed Tatyana's head. Dmitri, Vasily, and Aleksei exchanged high fives. Vasily's idea had been a complete success.

====
[SAMPLE 3]
That night was the most wonderful night for the Alexandrov Ensemble. They managed to get a decent paycheck and became even more famous throughout the Soviet Union. Dmitri spent his time eating, watching his friends sing, and telling old and political jokes.
"Ivan met Leonid. 'Lenya, I told the Chukchas they were very slow.' "And what was their reaction?" Leonid asked. Ivan replied, "Nothing, but they attacked me a week later," Vasily said. The entire ensemble burst out laughing at Vasily's humor. He was indeed the best at telling jokes while dining with his friends. It was the first time Dmitri felt warm and could smile broadly, even though winter was beginning to show its signs. It wasn't until eleven o'clock that everything was over. The head waiter patiently cleared the table with the other waiters.
But Dmitri had already left the dining room before eleven. He had been pranked by Vasily before the party ended. At that moment...
"Dima, I'm going to get a drink... would you mind filling your glass?" Vasily asked. Dmitri's glass happened to be empty, so he accepted it.
"Oh, that's fine. But only fill it halfway. Please!" Dmitri said.
Two minutes later, Vasily returned with Dmitri's filled glass. A thirsty Dmitri drank it without paying attention to its contents. After gulping it all down and tasting it a few times, he realized he was drinking something, but it wasn't water.
"Vasya, what did you give me?" Dmitri asked, his vision starting to blur.
"Water... Uh... But... did I really get it there?" Vasily said with an amused smile, his face looking drunk. Dmitri realized that Vasily hadn't filled it with water, but with vodka. No wonder Vasily was laughing from the direction of the choir members who had taken the vodka, whispering incoherently, and Dmitri remembered that Vasily had turned into the "vodka area." Dmitri immediately ran out of the dining room.
"Hey, Dima? Where are you going?" Aleksei asked. But Dmitri didn't answer his question.
And indeed, when he reached the third floor, he felt as if the world had lost its gravity. As if he were flying, the snowstorm that had been visible through the window began to fade from his view. Never mind that he was still wearing Anatoli's clothes, he fell asleep.
Dmitri didn't wake up until 6 a.m. Realizing he was still wearing his friend's clothes, he quickly showered and changed into his own. As he was getting his daily choir uniform, an unopened letter from Darya fell out of his pocket. The letter reminded Dmitri even more. He forgot to read it.
Afraid that Anatoli would be angry, Dmitri immediately pocketed the letter and went to Anatoli's room with the package containing his clothes. When he arrived, Anatoli's room was surrounded by his choir friends. When Dmitri asked one of his friends, he found Anatoli seriously ill that night. Apparently, he had asthma when the weather was too cold. But none of them dared to tell Boris Alexandrov, let alone Aleksandr Alexandrov, about Anatoli's illness, as Anatoli himself strictly forbade it. Dmitri felt guilty for taking advantage of his friend.

====
[Sample 4]
Darya took the gun from Dmitri's pocket. She examined it carefully and then smiled strangely. Dmitri looked at her coldly and hatefully, a look he hadn't seen in three years.
"The gun you told me about... right?" Darya asked.
"Traitor... You'll regret it..." Dmitri muttered in a very small, angry voice. Darya just stared at him indifferently.
As Darya walked past the chair where Dmitri was tied, Dmitri, furious, immediately raised his foot, causing Darya to trip. The gun slipped from her hand and fell to the ground. Apparently, the gun had fired automatically with just the slam, and three bullets shot out of the gun, hitting Igor in the head. The sound woke Sergei, but he still couldn't fully rise.
Darya screamed and approached her father. Dmitri immediately untied himself from the chair, then rose from it and retrieved his inherited gun. Darya, furious, picked up the gun that had fallen from her father's hand. When Dmitri tried to deflect the gun by shooting it, the inherited weapon wouldn't fire. Dmitri realized he'd used up all three bullets to kill Igor.
Darya started shooting at Dmitri. Bang! Bang! Bang! Dmitri ran out of the room to avoid the gunfire, climbing to the top of the building while looking back. Darya chased after him! Once at the top, Dmitri hid behind the door to catch Darya, who was still climbing the stairs. When Darya opened the roof door, Dmitri immediately grabbed the gun Darya was holding from the side.
"Let go!" Darya tried to pull her gun away. They started pulling on each other.
"Come to your senses, Darya! Your father made a big mistake! Don't be like him!"
"But you killed him! You tripped me and shot him!" Darya tried again to pull her gun back. Dmitri still had a firm grip on her gun.
"I have to! Please, Darya! We can still resolve the issue between your father, my father, you and me by..." Dmitri's voice choked as Darya pulled the gun from his grip, and a bang was heard. It turned out that Darya's final pull had pulled the trigger, and Dmitri was shot.
"Peace..." Dmitri continued, then collapsed. Dmitri's last words before he fell and remained motionless made Darya realize she had just made a huge mistake. As angry as she was with Dmitri, there was still love for him.
"Dima?" Darya called softly. But Dmitri didn't answer. He remained silent. Tears welled up in Darya's eyes.
Darya began to face another dilemma. She was forced to be evil simply because she loved her father. When her father also planned to kill Dmitri, Darya tried to keep Dmitri safe, but she could still please him by helping torture him. Who knows... the dilemma between family and love made Darya even more confused.