As you know, some of the stories in this blog are either:
- Completely copy-pasted from 2013 archive I had in computer and only translated into English through translation machine. Example: Introducing The Weapons , The Rift , Vitaly's first meeting with Dmitry, Vadim and Vasily , Silent Witness , Fugue , Farewell of Roads and so on.
- Newly written in this 2026, already written in English. Example: Losing Fear , Water Turns Into Blood , Fyodor's Mercy , Useless Search , Parlous Tango , and so on.
- Copy-pasted from 2013 archive and slightly edited to fix the plot hole. Example: Vadim's First Meeting With Vasily , First Hangout , Conversations at Toilet , Sacrifice and so on.
- Reworked and heavily edited from 2013 archive because the plot hole was too severe, so it means I only took the basic concept/ideas and then reworked. Example: Condolence , Wrong-Placed Pity , White Terror , How Did They Know The Scandal? , Gloves , The Night of Anna's Death and so on.
The hardest one for me is #4, more than #2. Because the story concept and the key plot do exist and canon, but I have to altered completely to make the canon story linked to the chronologies. Unlike #2 which completely a new story that I already know the chronology, so I can avoid the clashing between other stories.
As for the example, White Terror used to be a what-if story I wrote about Darya ended up with Alexei/Vitaly. The key plot is similar: Darya trapped in blizzard, Dmitry doesn't know Darya was trapped, and the one saved Darya is Alexei/Vitaly. But in original White Terror, Darya finally fell in love to Vitaly and had a dilemma whether she should still love Dmitry or not. But in the reworked White Terror, Darya will still strongly rejected Vitaly.
Another example is Gloves. Originally, Vasily did find Nadezhda become a hidden slave in a rich French apartment, and Vasily still kill that man with surname Preshin. Later Vasily stole the gymnastyorka from ensemble costume stock, so Nadezhda can disguise and go back home together with the ensemble. Happy ending as Nadezhda reunited with entire Nandev family, at the end. But in reworked Gloves, she is already died and thrown out in unknown place. At least Vasily still managed to avenge the death...
Last example is the recent story I worked on lately; about first meeting and date between Vasily and Elena. Originally, Vasily and Elena already meet each other when he is still a teenager and Elena still pursuing medical school, and as they becomes adult... they often had date by riding tram nonstop. But because later I made Vasily in Kharovsk and Elena is in Bristol before moving to Tver in 1933, I have to rework their first meeting from scratch. But the dating idea at tram still exist, Vasily and Elena are soulmates till married, and had a son named Pyotr.
===
Of course, sometimes when writing the new/reworked story, it will clashed between other stories. And I have to find the solution so the story still stands without need to be fully reworked once again. As example:
- Vadim already meet and hangout with Tatiana since 1935 (Vadim's First Meeting With Tatiana)
Vasily knew Vadim's hangout aka dating and supported him (4th Particle in Vadim-Vasily's Daily Life) - Vadim secretly took photo of Tatiana in 1938 (Episode 1-4: Foto)
- Later he had to accept Tatiana's arranged marriage with someone else in 1940 (Cheating)
- And they reunited and married again after Tatiana divorced her cheating husband (Insist)
But when rereading again, you will notice one error in Cheating; why Alexei asking the photo that Vadim hold, if Vadim has been long time hanging out and dating with Tatiana? I mean, he is Vadim's friend, Tatiana worked inside Alexandrov Ensemble, and he definitely will noticed Tatiana and Vadim are close more than anyone.
So I have to simply made one change - use Vitaly tag label at the very bottom. Because at least this is hinting that it's not Alexei who asked the photo that Vadim hold, but Vitaly. After all, Vitaly doesn't paid too much attention about who's who, and Vadim has been so far more open about Tatiana to Vasily than to Alexei and Dmitry. But the story still using Alexei name, because Cheating story is using Vadim's POV.
===
There are some stuff too that changed, such as city names or people names. The most fatal for me are the cities that actually not exist yet such as birthplace of Maxim and Stepan. For these places, I still keep the city names because I imagine they are sloppily writing their birthplace with any city that they think they belong to.
The second fatal is forgetting some cities have different names (Tsaritsyn - Stalingrad - Volgograd, or Kalinin - Tver).
And the last fatal mistake so far is naming Oleg's fiancée with diminutive name Valya. I forgot that Valeriya use diminutive Lera or Lerochka, while Valya is specifically for Valery.
Therefore, I might have to apologise in advance if there are some small changes in the story (in case anyone come back to reread the story). It means there are some changes I made to fit into the chronology. Thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment